The University today has 10 faculties, 29 departments, 17 groups of programs and realizes over 145 main programs of higher education.
In the structure of the University there are faculties of:
- Mathematics, Physics and Informatics;
- Foreign Languages;
- Russian Philology and Document Science;
- History and Law;
- Technology and Business;
- Arts, Social and Humanitarian Sciences;
- Physical Culture;
- Natural Sciences;
- Center of Elaboration of Joint Educational Programs;
- Center of Regional and Historical Research;
- Center of Russian Language and Regional Linguistic Research;
- Scientific and Research center of Russian Academy of Education in Tula State Pedagogical University;
- Engineering Center «Digital means in Industry»;
Research Centers and Laboratories:
- Research laboratory of system of grading system of educational process results;
- Research veterinary laboratory;
- Research laboratory of constructional materials;
- Training Scientific laboratory of ancientries;
- Training Scientific laboratory of sociology, cultural tourism and applied ethics;
- Training Scientific laboratory of cognitive-discursive cultural linguistics and stylistics;
- Scientific laboratory of innovative educational technologies;
- Training Scientific laboratory of mathematical modelling of technical systems.
The university infrastructure includes six academic buildings with well-equipped current technology. All academic buildings are equipped with a local area network, computer, language labs and multimedia classrooms and are provided with the resource access to the research library. The University has put in place all the necessary arrangements for successful learning and self-development of students.
On TSPU campus there are 4 dormitories. Accommodations in dormitories of the University are designed for temporary living of foreign students enrolled during full-time studying, as well as university entrants for the period of admission tests. All hostels have comfort living conditions for living, learning and recreation of students, reading rooms, lounges, a gym, sports fields, a leisure center. Hostels are located in close proximity to the main academic buildings.
The structure of Tula State Lev Tolstoy Pedagogical University (TSPU) contains Center of Scientific and Educational Literature, which deals with the information space development of the University and provides the users soft goods, services and facilities.
There is an access to the Scientific Electronic Library «e-Library», full-text databases of national periodicals «East View», electronic library system «University library online», «Ibooks», full-text database of foreign scientific publications: Science Online, Annual Reviews, Sage Journals online, Oxford University Press, Cambridge Journals Digital Archive for students and staff.
Center of Scientific and Educational Literature, in addition to traditional library service departments with library and reading rooms, has an e-learning laboratory, electronic reading room with access to the resources of Boris Yeltsin Presidential Library.
Tula State Lev Tolstoy Pedagogical University pays special attention to the organization of sports and recreational activities, offers modern conditions and material and technical resources for physical education and sport, and also strengthens and develops sports infrastructure.
The campus includes a sanatorium; a cafeteria, a pool, 7 gyms, a table tennis hall, 2 ski depots, outdoor summer volleyball and basketball courts, a football field with artificial turf, two tennis courts.
The University is a multiple winner of the All-Russian competition of Higher Education Institutions of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation «The University of Healthy Lifestyle».
The university is proud of the Olympic champions, its students and graduates.
The university implements more than 25 significant social programs and projects. Students of TSPU are winners of international, national and regional festivals and competitions.